Upcoming Scala and Akka Trainings Q1-2 2015 by Xplore Group Belgium
Sunday February 1, 2015
As a Typesafe certified training partner we regularly schedule Scala-related trainings in Belgium. This post gives you an overview of our offer for the first half of 2015, which includes both the "Fast Track to Scala" and "Fast Track to Akka with Scala" courses.
## Fast Track to Scala
If you are a developer or development manager, and you want to gain a solid understanding of the fundamentals of the language, the tooling and the development process as well as a good appreciation of the more advanced features in 2 intensive days, this Fast Track to Scala course is for you!
If you already have Scala programming experience, then this course could be a useful refresher.
- First steps in Scala
- OO basics
- Collections and functional programming
- For-expressions and loops
- Inheritance and traits
- Pattern Matching
- Dealing with optional values
### You will learn how to
- develop applications in Scala
- apply the functional programming style in Scala
- use the fundamental Scala tools
- be confident to start using Scala in production applications
May 28-29th 2015
### [Learn more and register for the Fast Track to Scala course](http://www.oak3.be/course/fast-track-scala) at our training centrum Oak3.
## Fast Track to Akka with Scala
This two-day course introduces experienced application developers to the reactive Akka toolkit, runtime and the methodologies that enable the creation of real-world actor-based systems in Scala on a single JVM. This course has extensive hands-on work and successive exercises build upon prior lessons learned to produce a fully functional application that is both event-driven and resilient by the conclusion of the course.
- Intro to Akka
- Actor basics
- Testing actors
- Actor lifecycle
- Fault tolerance
- Scaling up with routers - dispatchers
- Modifying Actor Behavior
- Ask Pattern
- Akka Extensions
### You will learn
- how to design scalable and fault-tolerant applications using Akka's actors
- how to configure, test and tune Akka applications
- best practices for designing asynchronous, event-driven systems using Akka
- to be confident to start using Akka in production systems
June 15-16th 2015
### [Learn more and register for the Fast Track to Akka course](http://www.oak3.be/course/fast-track-akka-scala) at our training centrum Oak3.